Physiotherapy for Neck Pain in Mulund, Mumbai
Dr. Ajay Yadav, the Founder of Physio Fit Guru, is a renowned Consulting Orthopaedic Sports Physiotherapist, Manual Therapists, and Fitness Consultant with more than 11 years of experience. Moreover, he specializes in providing a high standard of physiotherapy services such as physiotherapy for neck pain.
Read on to learn about neck pain, symptoms and causes of neck pain, physiotherapy for neck pain, and more.
What is Neck Pain?
As our lifestyle becomes more and more stressful day by day, it shows disastrous effects on our health. Neck pain is one of them. Over five million people in India are suffering from neck pain problems. Neck pain affects around 330 million people worldwide as of 2010. It is more common in females (5.7%) than in males (3.9%). Butit is less common than low back pain. Neck pain, though felt in the neck, can be caused by other spinal conditions.
SYMPTOMS OF NECK PAIN
CAUSES OF NECK PAIN
- Bone spurs/Osteophyte formation: There is a small bone growth at the joint in some cases. It puts stress on the nerve, causing pain.
- Disc degeneration: The vertebral discs help in smooth movement with the spine. When the disc thin-out due to wear and tear, there is more friction while movement, causing pain.
- Disc herniation: The gel inside the vertebrae acts as a shock absorber. When the gel leaks out of the disc, it becomes brittle and cracks open putting pressure on the exposed nerve, causing pain.
- Poor posture: Leaning forward for a prolonged time. For example, the head and shoulders bent forward when you work in front of a computer. There is an extreme strain on the muscles and ligaments in the neck, which results in pain.
- Neck arthritis or Cervical osteoarthritis: Mechanical and degenerative factors cause asymptomatic chronic neck pain is called cervical spondylosis.
NECK PAIN TREATMENT
You can relieve neck pain with simple methods at home. But, if the pain persists, our Physiotherapist recommends the below treatment:
Neck Pain Treatable With 4 Weeks of Physio Fit Guru Rehabilitation
- Advanced Treatment: Physio Fit Guru uses frequency-specific microcurrents to accelerate the healing process of the damaged cells in the affected area for proper neck rehabilitation.
- If you experience mild or moderate neck pain, you can reduce the pain by:
- Using ice packs to decrease any swelling
- Using a firm pillow to hold your neck better
- Taking pain-killers
PHYSIOTHERAPY FOR NECK PAIN
Physiotherapy is one of the most effective treatments for neck pain. Most physiotherapy programs for neck pain include treatments to reduce pain and stiffness. Specific methods and exercises are applied in physiotherapy, and the treatment duration differs from patient to patient.
GOALS OF PHYSIOTHERAPY FOR NECK PAIN
Physiotherapy for neck pain comprise of the following goals:
- Decrease pain and stiffness
- Increase head and neck range of motion
- Improve dynamic strengthening of the neck and its supporting musculature
- Generate strategies to prevent pain from recurring
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
With proper treatment, your neck pain should reduce in four to six weeks. For severe cases, you may have symptoms lasting for eight weeks or more.
Physiotherapy is prescribed either as a standalone treatment or after surgery. It may include specific neck exercises to strengthen the muscles, like cervical lateral flexion, cervical flexion and extension, and cervical rotation.
The best pillow for neck pain should be strong enough to hold the head at a right angle but must be soft enough to alleviate pressure points. Most sleepers find success with memory foam, buckwheat, latex, or feather pillow, as these materials provide the best support and relieve pressure.